R&D programmer position Animation in Unreal Engine
CDRIN is seeking an R&D programmer with experience in entertainment, body and facial animation techniques and constraints, and general motion analysis.
CDRIN applies these techniques to applied research and to the experimental development of software tools for the entertainment sector (e.g. animated films, video games, immersive experiences), health and education.
To be a CDRINIAN or a CDRINIAN is:
- Freedom and autonomy at work;
- Use creativity for innovation;
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and development;
- The feeling of satisfaction in contributing to the development of clients and employees;
- A variety of challenges to take up and business sectors to tackle;
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing between college, university, industrial and artistic communities;
- A high-performance team focused on concrete results that shape the world!
Our Mission Statement
As a college center for technology transfer affiliated with the Cégep de Matane, the CDRIN's mission is to offer research and development services, technical assistance, specialized training for businesses and support for innovation. The CDRIN is positioned in the development of digital intelligence technologies for the benefit of key sectors for the economic development of Quebec - among others, creative and cultural industries, education and health - in collaboration with scientific, industrial, cultural and artistic partners.
In 2022, the CDRIN will be recognized as a beacon of excellence in multimedia data integration to put artificial intelligence at the service of the citizen.
Reporting to general management, we are looking for an R&D programmer with the following profile:
- Ability to explore different lines of research and fields of application, specifically in entertainment or in the development of software tools for entertainment;
- Training in an appropriate field of specialization with a minimum of 3 years of work experience;
- Actively participate in applied research, technical assistance, training and information projects;
- The candidate will be invited to participate in specialized events (eg: NIPS, SIGGRAPH, I3D, GDC, etc.);
- Desire and ability to work in a team in collaborative projects.
- Programming for game engines (Unreal Engine);
- Animation techniques and constraints;
- Analysis of body and facial movement;
- Other areas of expertise depending on the candidate's experiences, including programming in graphics rendering, modeling or interest in the integration of artificial intelligence techniques
- Experience in the entertainment industry or in the development of entertainment tools;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of the latest techniques in one or two of the fields mentioned above;
- Knowledge of image and video processing tools;
- Experience with C ++, C # and Python languages;
- Good communication to be able to collaborate with other team members on projects;
- Ease of producing documentation and reports;
- The ability to document and present technological reviews;
- Very good command of the French and English language, both in written and verbal communications;
- Educational abilities, possibility of offering training in one's field of expertise.
- Remote work;
- Flexible schedule of 37.5 hours per week;
- Group insurance and retirement savings plan;
- CDRIN has the interests of its employees at heart and contributes to the development of their skills.
Matane (at the CDRIN), Quebec City (at the satellite office) or other location (freelancer), depending on the candidate's geographic location.
Are you our candidate? Apply now!
The CDRIN's main offices are located in Matane but we invite candidates from all regions to apply, as work opportunities from Quebec City and Montreal are also possible.
Do not hesitate to send us the link to your github.
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2020
All those interested should send their curriculum vitae to the following coordinates: